Who would have ever thought that “bad” foods can actually accelerate weight loss? According to a recent study by Web MD, a list of foods that have been thought of as questionable can actually help to change your body.
1. Eggs: Although they are a controversial food, an egg a day, especially for breakfast, can help accelerate weight loss and keep you full all day because of the protein packed into them.
2. Steak: For many years, nutritionists have advised against red meat. However, steak is loaded with protein and not as much saturated fat as people think. Choose a tenderloin or sirloin for maximum protein and minimum fat.
3. Pork: Pork has always been a meat with a bad reputation, however, today’s cuts of pork tenderloin are 31% leaner than they were 20 years ago. This makes the meat a lean source of protein, so enjoy!
4. Pasta: Carbs have always been thought to pack on the pounds, however, switch to whole grain pasta instead of completely avoiding it while dieting. Eating whole grains has been proven to eliminate belly fat!
5. Nuts: Although they are high in fat, it is the good kind of fat! Nuts help you feel full, and are packed with protein and fiber. Grab nuts over cookies or sugar, they’re a much better choice in the end.
6. Cheese: The body actually burns more fat when fueled with a calcium source such as cheese, so eat low fat dairy products and you’ll watch the weight fall off.
7. Coffee: Drinking coffee black boosts the metabolism without added calories. Ditch the cream and sugar, or switch to a low calorie brand of both.
It is important to know that a healthy diet consists of all foods, whether they are “bad” for you or not. Sweets in moderation contribute to being healthy, so indulge some!